Open Air Cinema 2021
Sign up to our mailing list and follow us on Facebook for the latest updates!
Open Air Cinema is back! Summer is finally here and we want to enjoy the warm evenings, new freedoms and, most of all, celebrate cinema with you all again. We have a weekend of museum treats at Tavistock Place outside The Box and two wonderful weekends at Plymouth’s beautiful Tinside Lido. We will be screening Hollywood Classics, cult favourites, screen treasures new and old. There will be archive films and short films, films from the South West and further afield, there really is something for everyone.
Your safety is our priority so we have reduced the capacity of all of our outdoor venues so everyone has a little more space. #lovecinema
The Open Air Cinema programme is also a great opportunity to raise funds in support of Plymouth Arts Cinema’s charitable mission to bring as many people as possible to experience cinema and feel inspired, challenged and thrilled by what they encounter. There are many ways to support the charity, by making a donation, dedicating a cinema seat, setting up a sponsorship or becoming a Friend. Visit our Support Us page for more details.
The Box – Tavistock Place
Fri 30 July: Ammonite, Open from 6pm, programme starts 7pm, film starts 7.30pm
Sat 31 July: Ammonite, Open from 6pm, programme starts 7pm, film starts 7.30pm
Sun 1 August: Bringing Up Baby, Open from 6pm, programme starts 7pm, film starts 7.30pm
Fri 20 Aug: Jaws, Open from 8pm, programme starts 9pm, film starts 9.15pm
Sat 21 Aug: The Life Aquatic…, Open from 8pm, programme starts 9pm, film starts 9.15pm
Sun 22 August: Bait, Open from 8pm, programme starts 9pm, film starts 9.15pm
Thu 2 Sept: Some Like It Hot, Open from 8pm, programme starts 9pm, film starts 9.15pm
Fri 3 Sept: Yesterday, Open from 8pm, programme starts 9pm, film starts 9.15pm
Sat 4 Sept: Thelma and Louise, Open from 8pm, programme starts 9pm, film starts 9.15pm
– Tickets are £12/ £10.80 for PAC Friends/ £8 for ages 12 and under.
– We will provide chairs.
– No further discounts apply.
Booking and ticket collection
– Advance booking is strongly recommended as these events sell out.
– Tickets go on general sale on our website and at our Box Office at 1pm on Tuesday 13th July. Booking will be online only from 23rd July.
– Priority booking is available to PAC Members from 1pm on Friday 9th July.
– Door sales on the night will be subject to availability. We recommend bringing cash.
– If you opted to collect your tickets at our Box Office: until Thursday 22 July, you can collect your tickets from the Plymouth Arts Cinema Box Office inside Plymouth College of Art, Tavistock Place, within our opening hours (Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 5pm to 8.30pm; Wednesday: 1pm to 8.30pm; Saturday: 1pm to 8pm). Past this date, you will have to collect your tickets on the night at the event venue. We will have a mini box office open onsite from 6pm for The Box and from 8pm for Tinside Lido. Please bring the booking confirmation email or an ID to collect your tickets.
– We want you to feel happy and confident to relax and have a good time. We will be following all UK Government regulations to make these events Covid safe. Seating will be socially-distanced, staff will be wearing face coverings, and hand sanitiser will be available.
– If we have to cancel the events due to Covid-19, all tickets will be refunded in full.
– If you have Covid-19 or need to self isolate, please contact our Box Office and we will refund your tickets in full.
– The screenings will go ahead in all but the most severe weather conditions – no refunds will be given if we have to cancel due to weather conditions.
– Alcoholic drinks will not be allowed into the event. There will be a bar for alcoholic and soft drinks (bringing cash is advised) There are no restrictions on bringing food so feel free to bring a picnic.
– It can get chilly in the evenings so please make sure you dress warmly – think woolly hats, jumpers, coats and blankets! Due to Covid-19, we are unable to provide blankets for hire this year.
– Disabled access is available at both venues.
Artwork by Chris Wharton
We are grateful for the support of our sponsors for our 2021 Open Air Cinema programme:
Plymouth College of Art, Plymouth Marjon University, Eco Environmental Bird Control Specialists , Plymouth Citybus, Summerskills Brewery, Burts Snacks, Chris Kallis Solicitors, The Muscle Clinic, National Marine Aquarium, The Box Plymouth, Plymouth City Council, The BFI Film Audience Network.