Plymouth Arts Cinema is open.
We’ve missed watching films together on the big screen and we look forward to welcoming you back.
This page is a guide to planning your visit while we are still "living with" COVID-19. We’ve been working to make sure it’s safe for you to come to the cinema, and to help you feel happy and confident to do so. The information here is being reviewed on a regular basis so please check back before your next visit.
We have brought an end to social distancing measures unless needed but are retaining a few ongoing precautionary measures to keep everyone in our community as safe as possible.
- We continue to encourage staff. volunteers and visitors to wear a face covering if they can in shared parts of the building and in the cinema.
- Please do not visit the cinema if you have any symptoms of Covid-19 (cough, high temperature or loss of taste or smell). You should take a lateral flow test and are advised to self isolate if this is positive. We will offer you a full refund or a credit note if you have to cancel your visit for these reasons. We kindly ask that you contact our Box Office (email or phone) to let us know if you have to cancel your visit, prior to the screening you were going to attend.
- The legal requirement to self-isolate has been removed from Thursday 24 February, but government advice remains to self-isolate if you test positive. Although we are all now “living with COVID”, we ask you to be mindful of the more vulnerable members of our community for whom it still poses a health risk.
- If you start to feel unwell (fever or new persistent cough) when you are in the cinema, please leave and notify a member of staff on your way out. We will refund your ticket.
To see the full programme and book online, please visit plymouthartscinema.org/whats-on.
We are pleased to let you know that the printed brochure is back! If you are a member, or a very frequent booker, you will receive our brochure in the post. It will also be available to pick up from the cinema, and from a range of libraries, cafes, shops and venues around Plymouth.
All of our listings information is online, but If you would like to print it out, you can find a full programme with an easy to view grid on our Downloads page. We will also keep large print versions of the film times at our Box Office if you would like to pick one up.
What We Are Doing To Keep You Safe
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout the building.
- All touchpoints are disinfected regularly through the day and between screenings.
- We have installed a perspex screen at the Box Office counter.
- Ventilation in the cinema is set to fresh-air supply only. This means that it might be cooler than usual in the cinema, so bring an extra layer just in case. The Air Handling Unit is running at 100% ensuring multiple air changes an hour within the cinema area. The fresh air (from outside) enters the cinema area, at the same time an equivalent amount of air is extracted to ensure a comfortable “covid safe” environment.
- Staff and volunteers have been fully trained on new health and safety measures, and are available to talk to and help you.
We are pleased to offer a new Unwaged Concessionary rate of £4.
We know that a lot of peoples’ incomes have been severely affected by the current situation and we want our cinema to be an inclusive place for everyone in the community.
All ticket prices are here.
We will honour any gift voucher and associated credit that expired while we were shut, and will extend the validity period of any gift voucher still valid to give you more time to redeem them.
If your gift voucher has expired or is about to, please email email@example.com and provide your Gift Voucher code and a phone number. It’s easier for us to process an extension on a gift voucher that is still valid rather than on an expired one, so we encourage you to contact us before your gift voucher expires!
Access and Disability
We will seek to provide any assistance that can be offered in a safe manner both for you and our team. If you are booking tickets to the cinema, we invite you to contact us beforehand (firstname.lastname@example.org/01752 206 114) to discuss your support requirements and plan your visit together.
Click here to visit our dedicated Access page.
Click here for detailed information on how to book the wheelchair space and companion seat online.
NHS Test and Trace
From 24 February 2022, hospitality venues are no longer advised to keep records of customers, visitors, and staff to support NHS Test and Trace.
People no longer need to check in via the NHS COVID-19 app and the NHS COVID-19 QR code posters have been removed.
Illustration: Shri Gunasekara @smilleyapples, 2nd Year Illustration Student at Plymouth College of Art