PAC Home Library Residency
Plymouth Arts Centre are inviting artists to apply for a 6 week residency in the PAC Home space, with a focus on the PAC Home Library archive, to celebrate Plymouth Arts Centre’s 70th birthday.
By responding to the PAC Home Library, PAC is seeking artists, writers or curators who are interested in ‘the archive’ as a point of reference, investigating the dynamic between archival material or specific texts held in the Library. This residency is designed to support the artist both practically and critically by offering a short but vital period of time in the development of research, process and methodology. The selected artist will be expected to present two Reading Group sessions during the residency, which will act as an opportunity to present and discuss the work in progress.
Applicants are expected to be emerging/mid-career artists engaged with contemporary art practice and pursuing a professional, distinctive and critically informed artist career.
What is included
- £150 residency artist fee
- Opportunity to hold event at the end of the residency, such as a reading, performance or discussion with PAC Home (Plymouth Arts Centre’s peer network of artists, writers and curators)
- Unlimited access to PAC Home Reference Library.
- Wifi is available in Plymouth Arts Centre’s café and PAC Home space)
- Accommodation or per diem
- Tools or workshop equipment
- Private studio space
Six week residency from 16 February until 30 March.
Applications will only be considered from artists living in Plymouth, Devon or Cornwall. To be eligible for this opportunity, artists must be current PAC Home members (for more information about joining PAC Home visit www.plymouthartscinema.org/pac-home). Applications must include the following and be sent as either a word doc or pdf by email to email@example.com by Thursday 2nd February at 9am.
- Name, home address, email address and telephone number
- Artist statement of less than 200 words
- Description of the work you would develop in relation to the PAC Home Library during the residency (max 500 words)
- One page CV
- Up to three images or links to videos hosted online
Selection will be confirmed by Thursday 9th February.